Week 5 : The Reflection of Chapter 1


The chapter 1 have been started with the the introduction of research proposal. My mind started to stuck at the research objectives. However, the research objective is not the core of the subject for the overall study. Someone ever said to me, "the maturity of a thesis is based on the research gap, not the research objectives. From the research gap, we can think how to conduct the research, finding the solutions for the research gap". It is like we want to solve the world problem. The feel of reasoning in problem statement is like, the half of the thesis's heart have been complete.

By starting the chapter 1, I can find several problems that related to my study. And of course because of my interest in occupational safety and health field, I do several reading to find the problem present to be investigate.

Regarding to the readings, I could see that the implementation is not yet become our culture or in other word, I can say, the OSH Culture in our society. The knowledge and awareness become the priority to be initiate to make it succeed as a culture.

In the research that I want to conduct makes me realize that I need to always acknowledge the study's limitations. It is far better that I can identify and acknowledge my study's limitation. Positively, the acknowledgement of a study's limitations is an opportunity for me to make suggestions for further research. Thus several limitations have been stated in my chapter 1 to be reviewed by myself in order to find the solutions and alternative for the limitation i had.

There are also the contradictions of some opinions I have identified to make this study for further references. The contradictions happen regarding to history of OSH program that have been held as corporate social responsibility of certain NGOs. However, the information only have been taken through the documentation that have been published as it is one of the proof of the documentation and implementation of program.

Through the research gap in this study, the research design can be established as the decision-making processes need to be done, and the conceptual structure of investigation should be start. Thus, this study is planned to used the mixed-method of analysis to address the central problem of research. This helps me to organize my thoughts and set the boundaries of my study.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: Research Methodology's Assignment

Week 6 : Reflection of Chapter 2